Is your skin starting to show signs of aging? Some change is inevitable, but you can slow down the aging process by following certain techniques. Here are some that will keep your skin healthy and stop it from aging prematurely:
- Get some sleep: Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Research has shown that getting regular sleep is healthy for your skin and your overall health.
- Hydrate your eyes: The skin around your eyes is extra delicate and tends to be drier than other areas, so it’s typically the first part of your face that reveals signs of age. Be sure to moisturize your eyes well on a daily basis, and resist the temptation to rub tired eyes. This can stretch the skin, causing it to slacken and lose firmness.
- Remember your neck, chest and hands: Don’t forget to moisturize and apply sunscreen to your neck, chest and hands. These areas have fewer oil glands than other parts of your body, so they tend to dry out and wrinkle faster.
- Use sunscreen all year: Don’t skip the SPF just because it’s winter. Your skin gets hit with UV rays year-round, so it’s crucial to protect yourself. Sun damage leads to wrinkling, spotting and loss of elasticity, all of which can be avoided by simply making sunscreen a part of your daily skincare regimen.
- Wear sunglasses: There’s more reason to slip on some shades than just looking cool. It turns out that wearing sunglasses prevents crow’s feet from forming around your eyes, and it protects your corneas and eyelids from harmful UV rays.
If you’re searching for more ways to attain a youthful appearance, contact Dr. Adam Summers at Maryland Plastic Surgery and ask about the medical spa and non-invasive cosmetic procedures that might be right for you.