Reconstructive plastic surgery may be covered by your insurance. Most cosmetic procedures are not covered by insurance. If your procedure is covered, we can help you receive reimbursement from your insurance company. In this case and as applicable, we will provide letters for pre-authorization, post-procedure notes, photographs, invoices indicating payments, and a one page written assessment for use in seeking reimbursement.
We do not directly bill insurance companies, and the full amount of all procedure payments are required in advance of the procedure. If desired, we can assist with short-term interest-free financing (as available from third parties) to cover the cost of your procedure until you receive reimbursement.
Please note that in some cases the amount of reimbursement from insurance companies may be less than the full amount billed. Any payments received from insurance claims will be made or assigned directly to each patient.
The following scenarios in which insurance companies have reimbursed patient expenses include:
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction (a primary care physician consult will be required)
- Upper eyelid lift (an ophthalmology consult will be required)
- Nose surgery to improve breathing
- Skin removal when it is causing ulcerations or recurrent infections (primary care consult required)
- Repair of scars following trauma